cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Personal Attacks [was Re: ChartTransformer 0.0.4 urge a commiter!]
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:53:03 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> Nicola, you crossed the line.
>

> Sorry :-/
>
> Luca and all cocoon-dev, please accept my sincere apologies.

Thank you, your prompt apologies are accepted and greatly appreciated.

I've received private comments that suggested me to avoid doing those
little asskicks of mine in public. Sometimes I do them privately,
sometimes I do them publicly, mostly depends on who the person is.

Nicola is a guy I highly respect. The more I respect you, the more I
think you can handle public things. I consider your ego to be an
obstacle to your work (and a big obstacle for women entering any
male-polarized community!) and I'll do whatever I can to let you
understand this.

A private message would have helped Nicola, but wouldn't have helped you
understanding me and wouldn't have helped you understanding that Nicola
recognized his action and put his ego on a side, earning back the
respect that his last action had a little diluted.

The intention of my public email was to give Nicola the chance to earn
back his respect and to show you all that he deserves yours, no matter
what silly 'faux-pas' he or you do.

Remember: you should be happier when somebody proves or shows you wrong
rather than right, because then the only time you get to learn something
you didn't know before.

Cocoon is a community of people first, and a software project later. And
I realize this by how many times I've been proven wrong, or my personal
random thoughts have been shaped into rock-solid design built to last.

A little ego is a powerful fuel for innovation, but too much will blind
your ability to see your mistakes, thus slowing down your possibility to
learn from others and improve yourself.

Food for thoughts.