cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] JavadocGenerator
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:27:16 GMT
Bart Guijt wrote:

> [...]

Oh, sorry. I've read too quickly :-/

So this is _really really cool_ ;-)

>>>- uses the Excalibur SourceResolver to resolve the source files;
>>>- may be configured using multiple source root (uri's), like
>>><jar:file:///D:/java/jdk1.4.1/src.zip!> and
>>>

>><cvs:pserver:anonymous.anonymous@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic/xml-cocoon/www/api>
>>

>>Live Javadoc generation from the CVS repository. Cool, eh ?
>>

>Very cool indeed!
>
>I didn't try this setup (yet), as you mentioned in the cvssource announcements getting
live files from CVS seems to be a little slow.

You're right : it's not very fast on well-known (and thus loaded) public
CVS servers such as Apache and SourceForge. This may however prove
useful if you want to avoid some local checkout.

>Given the fact that creating one Javadoc document involves looking up multiple Java sources
(to find the inheritance tree) it might take some time, decreasing usability. I'll try today
to find out, I guess.

Mmmh... I definitely have to add the missing pieces to CVSSource to make
it cacheable...

Sylvain