cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Remove old releases, Fwd: need some more web space conservatism again
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:09:39 GMT
Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Saturday 25 January 2003 21:42, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>>>Generally speaking, I agree. Especially if they could not be reproduced
>>>from CVS. Moreover, all releases should be available and not only the
>>>set we have now (see <dream/> in this thread). But given limited
>>>hardware, I think it's ok to archive it on another machine.
>>>
>>>What do you think?
>>
>>I say we do this incrementally:
>>
>>1) first we remove all the betas, alphas, release candidates from xml
>>and jakarta
>>
>>2) if the problem persists, we iterate again.
>>
>>for the future, we'll think about ways to decentralize the distribution
>>system even from the source.
>

> How could this possibly be a problem???
>
> We talk about 60MB download, a release every week would be ~3GB per year,
> let's say 10GB to accommodate for larger distros, and other stuff (3x).
>
> Where do I send the 30GB worth of RAID hard drives?

hardware is only 0.01% of the problem, Niclas. Politics and human
dynamics account for the remaining 99.99% and you can't fix that sending
us something (unfortunately)

anyway, it seems that jakarta uses *alone* several gigs of disk space
for nightly builds.

So, for now, we don't have to do anything.