cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Flow problems & question
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:55:53 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> This said, unfortunately, I'm not even getting the samples to work. I'm
> stuck in front of a
>
> TypeError: function WebContinuation() {
> [native code]
> }
> is not a function.
> (resource://org/apache/cocoon/components/flow/javascript/system.js; line
> 29)
>
> for the calc example, that used to work until some times ago. This has
> been tested with the embedded Jetty (./build.sh run) and a fresh CVS
> checkout.

I don't get this error in my version, but it's not the latest. Actually,
I'm reluctant to do a cvs update just now, for fear it might break my flows.

> OTOH, I gave a quick look to the object model, and found that there is
> no facility for logging. Is that on purpose? Have I heavily overlooked
> something?

There is:

log.debug('Nifty debug message');

catch(e) { log.error(e); }

Messages are logged to flow.log and also to error.log, if appropriate.
The problem is that logging an exception does not print a stack trace,
which would be invaluable for debugging.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei - http://www.beblogging.com/blog/