cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Personal Attacks [was Re: ChartTransformer 0.0.4 urge a commiter!]
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 10:47:03 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Torsten Curdt wrote:
>
>>> I thought contributing to Cocoon to be easier... much easier :(
>

> I have put much time and effort in trying to make a charting solution.
> I think it's bad that he is not willing at all to collaborate. He says
> he wants "his" code in cocoon.
>
> Wings was based on my code. Then Keiron Liddle donated his stuff and we
> switched. Then JCharts became APL compatible and we switched again.
> Now this guy comes up *totally irrespective* of anything that has
> happened. Look at the class. It loads tags from xml and feeds them in
> JFreeChart. And he cannot integrate with Wings. It's ridiculous.
>
> He is not willing to collaborate in any way, and I don't like it.
>
> As for LGPL, it's really something we should not put in our CVS.
>
> Finally look at the patches in bugzilla. Their authors should be the
> ones saying the above.

Nicola, you crossed the line.

You are generating waves of negative emotions on this list due to code
ownership. I cannot believe this is happening again.

 From where I stand, Luca (and others) had a problem for their
customers, solved it in the way they found better then decided that to
say something about it here. Somebody else proposed it for inclusion in CVS.

Then, later, Luca was also honest enough to admit his ego would be proud
of having some of his code into the codebase.

Tell me: wasn't this *exactly* the same thing that made you stick around
  in the first place?

Software is *NOT* important around here, do you get it?

Human relationships are. Ask yourself if your comments made this
relationship any better.

 From here, with this childlish comment of yours you:

  - pissed Luca, deteriorating a possible relationship with him and his
colleagues
  - worry other people, that might not want to donate their code because
fearing of such treatment themselves.
  - lowered the overall respect others have in you
  - reduced the chance of collaboration with the stuff you've written

I will *NOT* tollerate any further stupid personal attack on this list.
You have a ego problem? go over it or leave. I've said so on avalon-dev
I'm saying the same here.

Note that this is true for *EVERYBODY*, myself included.

Moreover, I'm *very* concerned about the fact that this comment doesn't
come from a newbie but from a vice-president of the foundation. Nicola
is the avalon chair and Avalon suffers from these problems. Don't make
me think there is a connection between the two.

Yes, I'm pissed.

And yes, I've used my two-email pattern, (you should have read the other
one)