cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: [ESQL] Improvement....
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2003 09:47:28 GMT
> Thanks Niclas!

:)

> This is the example I tried to explain:
>
> I have a table that store the status of some tickets. You always know how
> many status there can be. If you said:
>
> 1-Open
> 2-Close
> 3-Invalid
>
> Then if you want to show the history, you will ask for LIMIT 3, but the
> database will try to find the 4th row after finding the only 3 that can
> exist.

Well, this might become a little off-topic...
...but wouldn't it be better to change your db design?

> This is why I told this is a performance issue. Not an error.

Sure - the question is only how to integrate this easily since we would
need to pass the information (more-results or not) from the logicsheet
into the classes.

And please - no ugly hack like "setXXX"
--
Torsten