cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ChartTransformer 0.0.4 urge a commiter!
Date Sun, 26 Jan 2003 15:00:41 GMT

Torsten Curdt wrote:
>> I thought contributing to Cocoon to be easier... much easier :(

I have put much time and effort in trying to make a charting solution.
I think it's bad that he is not willing at all to collaborate. He says
he wants "his" code in cocoon.

Wings was based on my code. Then Keiron Liddle donated his stuff and we
switched. Then JCharts became APL compatible and we switched again.
Now this guy comes up *totally irrespective* of anything that has
happened. Look at the class. It loads tags from xml and feeds them in
JFreeChart. And he cannot integrate with Wings. It's ridiculous.

He is not willing to collaborate in any way, and I don't like it.

As for LGPL, it's really something we should not put in our CVS.

Finally look at the patches in bugzilla. Their authors should be the
ones saying the above.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -