cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: Request interface change (was: Re: environment input module)
Date Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:47:02 GMT
<snip/>

> Thinking further about this, we have to define carefully how this
> relates to the "cocoon:" protocol, because in such a case we have _two_
> request paths :
> - the protocol-level path, accessible using getRequestURI(),
> - the sitemap-level path, accessible using getSitemapURI() (different
> from the above in the case of a mount or "cocoon:")

Hm... you are right

> We also have to consider that, through getSitemapURI(), the
> "getSitemapXxx" names are tied to the current sitemap request (i.e. the
> "cocoon:" one).
>
> IMO, the use case is more related to the protocol-level URI :

I aggree

<snip/>

> But this is only my view of the problem. Any other use case ?

I have the same use case - and same view :)

...but I am really wondering if there aren't any use cases not only
related to the protocol level. Anyone?

> We also have to consider how to handle the interface change :
> - on 2.1, no problem : we're not even alpha ;-)
> - on 2.0, there can be some backwards compatibility for people having
> implemented their own Request without extending one of the provided
> classes. Are there many of them ? I would say no, but if there are,
> please stand up !

Hm... changing an core interface in 2.0? I guess I am -0 on that...
...maybe we should ask on cocoon-users?
--
Torsten