cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject Re: environment input module
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:35:30 GMT
>> sure - will do...
>
> What's the need for an environment input module besides getting the
> current uri prefix ?

I couldn't really think of anything else yet..

> Remember that environment is an internal object used by the pipeline
> system (sitemap + pipeline implementations) that isn't visible from
> other classes.
>
> I also recently needed to get the uri-prefix, and was thinking of adding
> a new getSitemapPath() to Request, that would complement
> getContextPath() with the current uri prefix.
>
> Thoughts ?

Something like that was also my first thought... just hesitated to
propose a change/addition of the Request interface ...since I only need
it inside the sitemap - so I came up with the idea of the environment
module.

Shall we add it to the Request?
--
Torsten