cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: environment input module
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:15:49 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>>> I was wondering... is there already an input module for quering the
>>> current environment?
>>
>> AFAIK not. Would be quite helpful, though. If you write such a cutie,
>> consider wrapping the environment so that things like the component
>> manager are not accessible this way...
>

> sure - will do...

What's the need for an environment input module besides getting the
current uri prefix ?

Remember that environment is an internal object used by the pipeline
system (sitemap + pipeline implementations) that isn't visible from
other classes.

I also recently needed to get the uri-prefix, and was thinking of adding
a new getSitemapPath() to Request, that would complement
getContextPath() with the current uri prefix.

Thoughts ?

Sylvain