cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Next Release
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 13:26:36 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Well, I didn't vote "-1" to a release. I just said that I considered
> it somewhat premature to release something in the middle of a design
> discussion.
>
> I'm not stopping anybody from releasing, but I want to be perfectly
> clear that I won't personally consider making *any* single effort for
> back-compatibility until we reach beta state.

We've always said that alpha-status means that APIs can change. So
what's the purpose of making an alpha release ?

Well, this has more to do with marketing and public relations : an alpha
release shows to the outside world that some work is happening on
something new and that some level of runtime stability has been reached
on this new thing.

So I'm +0 on an alpha release !

Sylvain