cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Next Release
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 12:54:05 GMT
Andrew Savory wrote:
> On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>

>>it seems that only you and me are concerned about an alpha release.
>

> Didn't want to flood you with an AOL-style barrage of "me too!". But, uh,
> me too!
>

>>As long as noone else is interested in it, well doing it for
>>two lonely dorks (thanks Stefano!) seems not justified.
>

> Oh, ok, maybe not. Don't wanna be a lonely dork ;-)

Well, I didn't vote "-1" to a release. I just said that I considered it
somewhat premature to release something in the middle of a design
discussion.

I'm not stopping anybody from releasing, but I want to be perfectly
clear that I won't personally consider making *any* single effort for
back-compatibility until we reach beta state.

If you feel this is not a problem, go ahead and release.

I feel that everybody who should be interested in an alpha version has
enough CVS knowledge to know how to get it.

Everybody else that is just too lazy/scared to check it out, will also
be, potentially, the one pissed if we change something down the road to
beta stage.

Or maybe I'm wrong. That's why this is a '-0' and not a '-1' on
releasing an alpha vesion.