cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: [announce] Agora 1.1]
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:17:47 GMT
Gerd Mueller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> That's an really interesting piece of software.

Thank you.

> Some ideas for improvement:
>
> - some kind of zoom mode to zoom into the dense dataclouds

yes, several people have asked for something like this, I might work on it.

> - I assume that the three clouds represent the three mailing lists
>   but I'm not sure which cloud is which list, so some more
>   detailed information about the connections between the squares
>   would be nice

Good point, I'll try to work something out (I have a couple of simple
ideas to try out)

> - some more statistics about a mailing list member could be
>   interesting, e.g. the amount of emails s/he wrote

No, I'm very concerned about the abuses that this software might
receive, like "I'm more important than you" based on positional
location. Agora was designed to *reduce* those "star stages" and keep
people as uniform as possible, by providing numbers and direct ways to
confront you are adding the ability for people to abuse their values by
providing their own significance, while the evolutionary significance of
a runtime symulation is more subdle and easier to abuse.

I consider lack of numerical statistical data a feature, not a bug and
I'll do my best to keep it that way.

Thanks for the input, though, very appreciated.