cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <>
Subject Re: [CVS] - A rare message when downloading....
Date Fri, 17 Jan 2003 11:31:13 GMT
Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> Hi Steve:
> Sorry, but I dont understand the point. :-(
> Vadim told me that:
> "Conflict. Rename your .cvsignore, checkout, then you can merge."
> Then I saw the file there in the cvs site. I dont understand if this is
> correct or not.

It is.

You modified your local .cvsignore file, and CVS wasn't able to
automagically merge with an updated version of .cvsignore from the

So Vadim suggested to rename your local copy so that it isn't in the way
anymore, 'cvs update' so that you get the repository version of the
file, and then you can manually merge the differences between both.
There even exist conflict editors for such a purpose:

Steven Noels
Read my weblog at
stevenn at                stevenn at

To unsubscribe, e-mail: