cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Inclusion of SAP R/3 components
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:26:22 GMT

Sylvain Wallez wrote:

[...]
> What I said is that code becomes zombie if it's not included in the
> distro of the source base that _contains_ the code.
>
> Visibility is another problem, and this is chicken and egg : cocoon-apps
> will be visible if it contains substantial material, and substantial
> material will come in only if cocoon-apps is visible... (same applies to
> cocoondev.org)

Cocoon-apps has been created in overlap with cocoon-dev, and to get
stuff from Andy, CocoBlog and Wyona. Andy didn't finish it, CocoBlog is
lingering between that and Cocoondev and Wyona... well, it will probably
be a project itself.

So cocoon-apps is empty now and I don't see it become less-empty soon.
Overmore there is cocoondev which is already active.

Yes, it would be nice not to need to keep all blocks in the Cocoon CVS
repo, but move them *again*? And which? When we'll move to Subversion,
dir moves will be possible, and then we'll be able to make these
decisions without technological problems.

> Also, we have to consider the size of these components : the Cocoon core
> provides so highlevel and powerful abstractions that adding a
> substantial amount of functionnality in a very specific area requires
> only a few classes. Do 10 classes require a separate project/module ?
> But they clearly don't belong to the core. So what ?

If it's not in the core it's a block, even if only one class.

> I'm puzzled... (hence the -0.5)
>
> Sylvain

             - verba volant, scripta manent -