cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: [announce] CVSSource at
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:25:56 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:

>> Hope I won't be flamed by Nicola Ken for having written "Maven"
>> _before_ "Centipede" ;-P
> No, not flamed, just going to lower my opinion on you from 1000% to
> 999% ;-)
> For one thing, Maven projects don't yet compile with Maven under Gump.
> Then they use Jelly, not Ant. Centiepde has Forrest-skinned reports
> and Forrest usage integrated. And finally you need a descriptor for
> every project, not a single Gump descriptor that Centipede uses.
> I can set up a centipede version of the build for you all to try.
> You all love me, don't you?   |-)

If you take the mess out of our build system then : YES, YES, YES !!!

Seriously, I've seen several "Centipede/Maven challenges" recently on
various blogs, and I consider Cocoon's build to be a good showcase to
demonstrate the power of a build system :
- several source directories
- source preprocessing (JDBC 2 / JDBC 3)
- download of remote libraries
- Cocoon-based documentation (soon Forrest ?)
- erm... no (or so little) unit tests :-/

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message