cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [announce] CVSSource at cocoondev.org
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:14:53 GMT

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
[...]
>>> Time to consider moving to Maven or Centipede ?
>>>
>> Argh, by this you start another excellent thread about whether to use
>> Maven or Centipede. Oh my, this will overcrowd our mail boxes for one
>> week ;)
>>

> Yep. I hesitated to write these two words ;-)
>
> Hope I won't be flamed by Nicola Ken for having written "Maven" _before_
> "Centipede" ;-P

No, not flamed, just going to lower my opinion on you from 1000% to 999% ;-)

For one thing, Maven projects don't yet compile with Maven under Gump.
Then they use Jelly, not Ant. Centiepde has Forrest-skinned reports and
Forrest usage integrated. And finally you need a descriptor for every
project, not a single Gump descriptor that Centipede uses.

I can set up a centipede version of the build for you all to try.

You all love me, don't you?   |-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -