cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Inclusion of SAP R/3 components
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:03:16 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:

> Christian Haul wrote:
>
>> Before actually adding the code to the 2.1 repository, I'd like
>> tohave a final voting on it.

<snip/>

> If license issues do not allow these components to be added to ASF
> CVS, we could look and see whether they could be hosted at
> cocoondev.org (since yes, they would be a valuable addition to Cocoon).
>
> Other worry: this means adding yet another mega-functional-component
> to Cocoon, and I have have been talking offlist about my worries in
> this direction.
>
> We better start using the -apps module then, I guess (and some other
> components might as well migrate there, too).

I share Steven's feelings (I'm one of the "offlist") : we voted a
cocoon-apps module to host Cocoon-related developments that don't belong
to the core. And this ultra-specific component typically falls in this
category.

I don't discuss its quality nor its usefullness (SAP is used in large
companies and this could be a "troyan horse" to bring Cocoon inside),
but adding it to the main CVS repository, even in a block, would
increase the bloat.

So +1 for this patch, but -0.5 for the main CVS repo (not a "-1" because
I don't want to stop its publication).

Please also correlate these thoughts with the "zombie code" discussion.

Sylvain