cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Inclusion of SAP R/3 components
Date Wed, 15 Jan 2003 13:58:04 GMT
Christian Haul wrote:

> Before actually adding the code to the 2.1 repository, I'd like to
> have a final voting on it.

- do they need some SAP-jars in the classpath upon compilation time?
- if that is the case, do those need to be stored in ASF CVS?
- if that is the case, is that allowed according to their license?
- if all that is the case and the license only allows binary
distribution, we can implement mock classes

If all these are incorrect assumptions, pardon my ignorance.

FYI, Sylvain just asked whether mail/activation/jta.jar (Sun) could be
included in CVS. Apparently, there is something in their license which
doesn't allow this.

If license issues do not allow these components to be added to ASF CVS,
we could look and see whether they could be hosted at cocoondev.org
(since yes, they would be a valuable addition to Cocoon).

Other worry: this means adding yet another mega-functional-component to
Cocoon, and I have have been talking offlist about my worries in this
direction.

We better start using the -apps module then, I guess (and some other
components might as well migrate there, too).

> Ladies and Gentlemen, please cast your votes: Shall we accept the SAP
> R/3 connectivity components from patch [1] ?

I would like to see what others think before voting.

Thanks for bringing this up!

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org