cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Jam3s][RT] Turbine for User Repository?
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 15:08:20 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>                           - crosspost, please keep CCed --
>
> Some thoughts...
>
> Many Apache Java projects have their own user repository and
> authentication-authorization system, and this sucks.
> Turbine has its own services about this.
> Turbine is being Avalonized.
>
> James has it's on system.
> James uses Avalon.
> James could use Turbine services for this.
>
> Cocoon has it's own system.
> Cocoon uses Avalon.
> Cocoon could use Turbine services for this.
>
> XXX has it's own system.
> XXX uses Avalon.
> XXX could use Turbine services for this.
>
> Thoughts?

The day I see this happening I'll be a very happy man.

The concept of converging to one server framework was *exactly* made in
order to allow components to be used across different server applications.

Turbine, James and Cocoon are different beasts, do different things
since they have different goals, but this doesn't mean that pieces can't
be factored out and reused across projects.

I think I can speak for the Cocoon community when I say that if a
Turbine component that does user authentication and authorization gets
avalonized (thus more easily integrated with cocoon), it will something
that will interest us very much.

Personally, I'm willing to help pushing this forward.

Hope this helps.