cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Flow-questions
Date Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:18:56 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>cocoon.environment.getComponentManager() should do the trick. Haven't
>>tested it though.
> I warn you using the method above, because it's an internally used method
> which should not be access from own components.
> Isn't it possible to use the usual Composable stuff?

A brief look at the API docs for the JSCocoon class reveals that you
should be able to access the manager as a property of the "cocoon"
object, as in:

	var manager = cocoon.componentManager;

Even though JSCocoon does not implement Composable, somehow a manger is
passed to it via the setContext() method, so I suppose it is set by the
Composable that creates JSCocoon, whatever it is.

I'll let Ovidiu comment on this, as soon as he's finished unpacking his
bags ;-).

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it