cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: RequestDispatcher with Cocoon
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:31:01 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Andy Lewis wrote:
>
>> I have a need to, under specific circumstances, do a
>> RequestDispatcher.forward out of Cocoon. I've
>> not found any support for this in Cocoon. Alternatives won't work
>> since I need to do this while
>> preserving request attributes. I would expect to be able to code this
>> as an Action without extreme
>> difficulty, but I thought I would thorw the idea to the list first
>> and see if anyone has any
>> ideas, comments, or suggestions...(something other than "No!  Don't
>> do it!" :)
>> Many thanks....
>>

> Why do I think that reader is much better place for something like
> this (...assuming that it's possible...)?

Because forwarding delegates the production of the output to the target
resource. But Cocoon expects the sitemap to produce something or an
error is displayed.

So the only place where such forwarding is possible is in a Cocoon
component that feeds the output with abitrary binary data, and Cocoon
names it a reader ;-)

Andy, would you like to contribute a "ForwardReader", how ugly and
servlet-tied as it may be ?

Sylvain