cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT]: Names for pipeline components section
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 13:55:38 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 10 Jan 2003, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>>

>>>We currently have two sections named map:pipelines and map:pipeline in
>>>the sitemap (2.1). As we all know from experience this is absolutely
>>>confusing and wasn't a good naming idea (my fault).
>>>
>>>I think Sylvain and Michael have already suggested new names, but
>>>I can't remember them and I'm too lazy to search the mail archives :)
>>>
>>>We need a new and simple name for the components section:
>>><map:components>
>>>  <map:pipelines default="caching">
>>>    <map:pipeline .../>
>>
>>What about simply map:pipe[s]?
>>

> Yes, why not - if noone comes up with a better name, we will use that.

I'd prefer to keep the current naming instead of that one.

For consistency it would be map:pipeline in the components, and map:pipe
in the "beefy" part.

  pipeline generator transformer ...
  pipe     generate  transform   ...

Inverting it is not so cool IMHO. I haven't yet seen users complain it's
not understandable and I've never had that problem myself.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -