cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: AsynchronousCIncludeTransformer in scratchpad
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:29:01 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Ok, this could solve many problems, but what about:
>
> <cinclude src="http://post_to_my_xml_database">
>    <content>
>       <document>
>          <bla/>
>          ..
>       </document>
>    </content>
> </cinclude>
>
> (I leftout some parts, but I think it's clear what I want to say)
> With the above you can send a complete XML document to somewhere
> and get a response which is then included. It's not possible
> to convert a complete XML document to an attribute value.

Never thought of such a use case (seems hackish to me, and a case for a
SWT-like thing, but anyway).

Getting back to the schema, any extra attribute _and_ child element on
the xi:include are supported, so you could have something like this IIUC:

<xi:include href="http://post-to-my-xml-thing">
   <content>
     <document>
       <bla/>
     </document>
   </content>
</xi:include>

It would of course be up to the XInclude transformer to implement the
correct (and non-standard) behaviour then, but the standard syntax
supports it apparently. I don't find any specification on the processing
  that should occur on the child-elements of xi:include, but we can ask
the authors.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org