cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jens Lorenz <jens.lor...@interface-projects.de>
Subject Re: Defining Source Interfaces
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 09:21:34 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:

>>>:-/ not another MoveableSource ;-)
>>
>>ROFL !!!
>
> ;-)
>
>>Seriously, are these methods of real use ?
>
> I thought that these methods could be a good start for a cms
> webportal. Not?

I agree with you, Stephan. This is an excellent start for a CMS.
CMS-wise you can't think of Sources as files. It's a file with metadata
which you need in order for your CMS to work. If you treat them just as
files you will loose those metadata and your CMS will start choking at
the next user interaction.

Jens

--

Jens Lorenz

interface:projects GmbH                             \\|//
Tolkewitzer Strasse 49                              (o o)
01277 Dresden                               ~~~~oOOo~(_)~oOOo~~~~
Germany