cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [FIXED] Re: Build system problems on OS/X 10.2.3, Linux and Windows
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 07:43:13 GMT

David Crossley wrote:
> Ovidiu Predescu wrote:

[...]

>>On my system, the build crashes while doing validation. Is it possible
>>that this step eats a lot of memory?
>

> The build crashes at completely different places for
> different people (please see the earlier thread).
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104138910730772
>
> It still crashes for me with today's CVS, this time
> during the "lucene-block" target.
>
> Your sledgehammer approach of "give it more heap-space"
> did succeed. But that is a "workaround" not a "fix" and
> CVS is still busted. How will we ever find the real cause?
> It was introduced recently to CVS.

I'm trying to find the cause, but I still don't get it. I'll investigate
further.
Anyway, since we so many sub"<project>"s, I'm working on a system that
will resolve dependencies and build them without the ant buildfile
generation hack.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks to ODaddyVidiu for putting a
patch on the problem :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -