cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sources with strange line endings
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 22:38:44 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
>> Torsten Curdt wrote:

>>> Aehm... Ups?! Although I am currently working under windows everthing
>>> *should* be still unix format.
>>

>> That _is_ the problem : CVS clients assume that line endings are those
>> of the current platform and translate them to a platform-neutral line
>> ending for sending to the CVS server.
>>
>> This means you *must* have windows line endings on windows (CR-LF) and
>> unix line endings on unix (LF). Otherwise, this creates those double
>> blank lines problems.
>

> Hm... haven't had that problem before. Always said "check out unix
> style" and it worked...

That's probably the problem. You are supposed to check out windows style
on windows and unix style on unix. Then work on them, then commit. CVS
will take care of the rest.

If you try to outsmart CVS and then your editor messes up with line
endings (sometimes it happens if you use more than one editor, or if you
just installed a new version and forgot to configure it) CVS gets those
nasty double returns.

> Anyway a big mess - I'll go and fix it... *sigh*

Thank you.