cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: Defining Source Interfaces
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 16:12:10 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:

>>>About the move() and copy() methods, I don't know if they should be kept
>>>in the new incarnation of this interface.
>>I don't think that they are important. A copy is a read/write action and
>>a move a read/write/delete action. We could make an utility class providing
>>support for it (and this would allow an inter source moving. wow!).
>The problem is, if you are using getInputStream/getOutputSteam to copy
>a file in a slide repository, that all metadata informations get lost. On
>the other hand, if you are using an external SourceUtil to copy a file,
>you can't hide all implementation details.

Ah, I got it now : if the copied/moved source is of the same type than
the "source" source, then some optimisations are possible (like the
above or direct filesystem copy), else we fallback to a generic
getInputStream/getOutputStream implementation, right ?

So it makes sense after all to keep them on the

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message