cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: quicky: SWT & (mounted) subsitemaps
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 11:45:36 GMT
Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On Wednesday, Jan 8, 2003, at 08:48 Europe/London, Steven Noels wrote:
>
>> Well, I'm a bit confused: there is a src attribute on the
>> source:write  element, but only in the status report apparently, and a
>> source:source  element which content should list the filename
>> according to
>> http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/transformers/sourcewriting-
>> transformer.html:
>>

> I think what is going on is this .... (this is completely off the top
> of my head ...)
>
> You should supply the <source:source> parameter, with your source
> specification in it.

I do:

<xsl:template match="profile">
   <source:write xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0"
create="true">
     <source:source>gump-profile.xml</source:source>
     <source:fragment>
     	<profile xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0">
         <xsl:apply-templates select="*"/>
       </profile>
     </source:fragment>
   </source:write>
</xsl:template>

and

<map:match pattern="gump-store">
   <map:generate src="cocoon:/gump-cincluded"/>
   <map:transform type="write-source"/>
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

> When SWT has done it's job, it reports the SystemId of the written-to
> source in the <source:src> parameter.

No luck :(

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<source:write src="" action="none" result="failed"
xmlns:cinclude="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0"
xmlns:source="http://apache.org/cocoon/source/1.0">The src attribute
could not be resolved and failed to cancel</source:write>

> I think I gave them different names because when I was initially using
> this stuff it was only for files, and the 'source' and 'src' would be
> different strings ....
>
> ie.
>
>     <source:source>blah/my.xml</source:source>
>
>     <source:src>file://Users/Shared/TomCat/webapps/cocoon/blah/my.xml</
> source:src>
>
> A bunch of people have reported recently that context:// does not work
> as a <source:source>. TBH I do not remember testing it before that went
> into the docs .... I just assumed it would work, naughty me!

context, file, no scheme: no luck.

Could this be the case because I'm using this from an auto-mounted
subsitemap? Or that I use a file generating pointing to a pipeline using
cocoon: ?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org