cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Sources with strange line endings
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 10:25:49 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> Giacomo Pati wrote:
>
>> I'm browsing throu the code doing Eclipses 'Organize Imports' all over
>> I've realized there are a bunch of java file with strange line endings
>> (always a blank line every other line).
>>

>> Torsten (Curdt): As it seems that they might be
>> committed by you would you mind fixing them?
>

> Aehm... Ups?! Although I am currently working under windows everthing
> *should* be still unix format.

That _is_ the problem : CVS clients assume that line endings are those
of the current platform and translate them to a platform-neutral line
ending for sending to the CVS server.

This means you *must* have windows line endings on windows (CR-LF) and
unix line endings on unix (LF). Otherwise, this creates those double
blank lines problems.

Sylvain