cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Huber <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Re: [Announcement] IMAP/javamail access
Date Tue, 07 Jan 2003 14:52:20 GMT
hi,

Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Bernhard Huber wrote:
>
>> hi, team
>>
>> as you might see from the cvs commit mail,
>> i have added the IMAP/javamail access to the scratchpad,
>>
>> moreover i added utility sitemap components for the
>> webmail application:
>>  generation/asciiart/*
>

> This package seems to contain absolutely awesome stuff ! Is it really
> able to produce SVG out of ascii art ?

slow down,
1. only simple ascii art see the scratchpad asciiart *.txt samples.
2. only lines, and text is tried to get recognized.
3. there is no trying in recognized rects.
4. in AsciiArtPad the AsciiArtBuilder is responsible to recognize
   lines, and text
5. is was quick hack, just for fun
6. i was first thinking about understanding some groff, or something
like that, but i stopped, and thought, no just simple stuff,
just enter some dash, bar chars, that's it
and not learning some more powerful - but complicate language.

> <snip/>
>
>> as the discussion about cvs-access via Source is taking place, the
>> IMAP access is NOT via Source but via Action.
>

> Do you foresee any interest in having it as a source ?

hmmm, as much as i understand IMAP access, i think that
IMAP needs some session info/state.

hmmm, there is already some XML-DB access via Source...
hmmm, but XML-DB has the advantage that content is already XML.
Using javamail and writing an Source wrapper around?
just a feeling that would be too complicated, too much
javamail object to XML conversion.

I must admit that I didn't delve into the Source discussion, yet.

regards bernhard