cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bernhard Huber <berni_hu...@a1.net>
Subject Re: Environments and the CocoonBean
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 17:03:04 GMT
hi,
<snip/>

> Have I understood the role of the environment object correctly? I.e. it deals with a

> single request and the response to that request.
yes, that's right
more specific:
in case of Main.java the outputStream is bound to an FileOutputStream
BEFORE cocoon page processing starts. Thus in case of FTP, et al.
you should already know the destination BEFORE you make do the page
processing.

It took me some time to understand that, you might want to check out
the scratchpad area, there is a Cocoon Ant task.
The Ant task delayes writing to the OutputStream 'til the content-type
of data is fixed which will go through the OutputStream, see the
org.apache.cocoon.ant.DelayedFileSavingEnvironment

regards bernhard