cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving forward cocoon.apache.org
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 16:45:09 GMT

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
>
>> I vote for Version #2.
>>
>> That will follow the spirit of Jakarta which is popular and successful.
>> The Incubator will give a fair exposure to new projects, while
>> allowing them
>> to move up, only if they meet a certain threshold of maturity and
>> popularity.
>

> I think incubator is very fine with us (Wyona) and it also seems fair
> with regard to other projects.

Hi Michael, I'm part also of the Incubator PMC (Project management
commitee).

The incubator is active, and we are recieving now our first project,
Tapestry. I have been contacted by OmegaCMS
http://www.omegacms.com/tour.html for the possibility of moving to
Apache too. Tell me what you think of it, and let us (incubator) know.

> Shall we apply on our own at incubator or shall we wait some more time?
> Has incubator officially launched yet (there seem to be no projects so
> far and some content is still missing)?

Yes, we are making our rules as-we-go.

The best thing is to decide where you want to land in Apache, and if
it's under another project, make that project accept it if possible.

Then apply for incubation by sending a mail with details on
general@incubator.apache.org. I'll be waiting for you :-)

Ciao.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -