cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <>
Subject Re: Licence for javax activation, mail & transaction
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 02:56:07 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>>> Hi team,
>>> We have in our build some conditional compilation against javax
>>> activation, mail and transaction because it was said that we cannot
>>> redistribute them.
>>> Reading the license for these packages, I'm not sure redistribution
>>> is forbidden. Please go to and
>>> click the "Continue" button next to "Class Files 1.0.1B".
>>> What I understand in item 2 (License to Distribute Software)* *of the
>>> supplemental license terms, is that we can redistribute the software,
>>> provided that we redistribute it unmodified.
>>> I am missing something that my combined poor understanding of english
>>> and law has hidden to me, or can we include this in our CVS ?
>> We should run this thru the committee.
> Is this a mailing list, or an alias to a group which I can write to
> directly ?

It's the 'Apache Licensing Committee'. It's a mail list reserved to ASF
members and invited guests both from inside and outside. I think that if
you ask the question directly, they will probably moderate your request
thru, so go ahead since I forgot :)

Stefano Mazzocchi                               <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message