cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Gallardo" <agalla...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>
Subject RE: [ESQL] Improvement....
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 21:32:24 GMT
Hunsberger, Peter dijo:

>>> However, the real issue here is how should you be limiting the query?
>>>  IIRC the LIMIT +1 logic was added fairly recently in order to solve
>>> a  bug that someone else encountered.
>>
>> Just for the record, I was the one who find the problem and the
>> solution.
> ;-)
>
> Would you care to refresh everyone's memory on what the problem was and
> why you wanted this solution?  Any additional thoughts on this
> particular issue?

No, that was just for "the record". This issue is needed to "paginate" the
output from a database to the client browser. The idea is speed the
results.

If you dont use the "pagination" (LIMIT + OFFSET clausule). An output of
7000 will be a crazy from the user view. Takes more than 1 minute and the
client browser will use more than 56MB (Windows XP). I dont test it with a
bigger recordset because it will take too long to render the data in a
HTML table.

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo.