cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Flow] Looking for docs!
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 04:59:39 GMT
Unfortunately Tony, there isn't any documentation for the control flow.
Yet!

I've started a project at work which uses the control flow. I'll
document the control flow as part of explaining it to my colleagues. In
the meantime, don't be shy and ask your questions on the mailing list.

On Wednesday, Jan 8, 2003, at 18:10 US/Pacific, Tony Collen wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm working on getting up to speed on the FlowScript in Cocoon.
> (Yeah, I
> know I'm a slacker...)  I've been digging through the JavaScript in
> samples/flow/examples, particularly the "prefs" sample.  I see all
> sorts
> of interesting objects that are floating around that I'm not sure
> where to
> find the documentation on, such as:
>
> var userRegistry =
> Packages.samples.flow.prefs.logic.UserRegistry.getUserRegistry();

UserRegistry is a class defined and used by the 'prefs' sample.

> and thinks like
>
> cocoon.createSession();

'cocoon' is a special object made available to JavaScript scripts by
control flow engine. For a list of methods and attributes it has,
checkout the org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.JSCocoon
class.

> are confounding me.  I notice that the UserRegistry.getUserRegistry()
> corresponds with the code in the appropriate subdirectory.  I also see
> sendPage() and sendPageAndWait(), which I have seen copious amounts of
> discussion on the lists about.  Where would be a good place to see a
> listing of all the "extra" objects that are available to use in the
> Flow
> javascript?

Besides JSCocoon, checkout the system.js file in the same directory
with JSCocoon. It contains the "special" functions defined by the
control flow engine.

> I of course will document any findings and information I happen to
> aggregate as I go along.

They'll be surely appreciated.

Best regards,
Ovidiu