cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andy Lewis" <...@ascii27.net>
Subject Re: [RT] JavadocGenerator
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:27:06 GMT

> Bart Guijt wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> As a result of gaining some hands-on Cocoon experience, I created a JavadocSource
and
>> -SourceFactory which largely complies to what you are discussing here.
>
> Yes! Yes! Wow!
>
> Obviously a donation is most welcome, we need this to implement our  "User Reference
Pages"
> based on javadoc tags.
>
> I think Bernhard has been working on something too, so some merging of  ideas/code might
be
> good once the code is in CVS.
>
> -Bertrand

Jens, Bernhard, and I had two different version we had been trying to reconcile, both using
qdox.
One did a single file and used Source Resolver, the other handled the whole tree, and assumed
file system. We were in the middle of figuring out how to still use source resolving, and
handle
the entire tree when I think we all got busy with other stuff, and you appear ot have overtaken
us. The file system based version (Bernhard's) worked great if everything was on the filesystem,
and had a cleaner source seperation, although I had concerns about the memory consumption
of qdox
hitting the whole tree at once. The version Jens and I had with source resolving was lighter
on
resources, but couldn't navigate the source tree. I was pushing for source resolver since
I was
already seeing dicussions about the CVSSource. and I think that is as far as it got. It sounds
like you have worked that part out - which is cool. As far as merging the code, I'm good with
that, provided there is anything useful to contribute.
I am definately in favor of the User Reference Pages though - I think they will make a huge
difernece!

"The heights of genius are only measurable by the depths of stupidity."