cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: input module question
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:45:25 GMT
On 29.Jan.2003 -- 03:12 PM, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
> >The snippet above would (currently) be located in cocoon.xconf and the
> >lookup process would be hidden from a sitemap designer's point of
> >view. To the designer, it would be just {foo:bar}.
>
> So (forgive me if I have misunderstood this again) .... the setup that
> says "the value of sitemap-param-1 is used to map to a node's name in
> XMLFileModule" resides globally in Cocoon.xconf, not in the sitemap?
>
> Would this not mean that this module setup could not be re-used in a
> different but similar matcher/pipelines where the key-word comes
> through in a different sitemap=param-#?

Indeed, this would be the case. We are not able to pass more than the
attribute name to the module (from sitemap, that is). Thus it would be
hardwired to a sitemap parameter :-| IOW different instances would be
necessary if different sitemap parameter names are needed.

Of course we could aim at passing more than one parameter to it using
a HTTP GET like syntax.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l