cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Inclusion of SAP R/3 components
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:04:36 GMT
On 16.Jan.2003 -- 11:14 AM, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Visibility is another problem, and this is chicken and egg : cocoon-apps
> will be visible if it contains substantial material, and substantial
> material will come in only if cocoon-apps is visible... (same applies to
> cocoondev.org)

Agreed. Only that this is not an application but a connectivity
component IMO. If it were, I'd be convinced already ;-)

> Also, we have to consider the size of these components : the Cocoon core
> provides so highlevel and powerful abstractions that adding a
> substantial amount of functionnality in a very specific area requires
> only a few classes. Do 10 classes require a separate project/module ?

Sorry, this was not intended. I only wanted to say that we are arguing
over only a few classes but you are right, very specific classes,
indeed.

> But they clearly don't belong to the core. So what ?

The original suggestion is to make it a block.

So your suggestion is to move highly specific blocks from the core cvs
module to the apps cvs module? I fear that it will be very difficult
to decide which blocks are special enough to be moved. Can't we stick
with blocks for the moment?

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l