cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Turner <>
Subject Re: InputModules and Transformers
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 15:08:19 GMT
On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 09:24:36AM -0500, Andy Lewis wrote:
> I've been watching the extensive discussions about input modules for
> some time now, and if I understand them corectly, it brings me to a
> couple of questions...  Is there / should there be / can there be a
> transformer that allows access to data from input modules? Something
> that allows values to be accessed and placed in the SAX stream?

There is a LinkRewriterTransformer which does this for certain

(and Chris just committed.. thanks)

It would be simple to modify this to replace ${module:key} tokens in the
SAX characters() method, rather than attribute values.

> How does this compare to ro correlate with the session transformer that
> originated with the portal component donation? Are they / should they
> be the same?

Didn't know about it, hidden away in a block.. it looks quite powerful.
Anything based on InputModules can only do string->string conversion, so
I don't think there's too much overlap.