cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Melhem <micha...@fztig938.bank.dresdner.net>
Subject Re: [RT]: Names for pipeline components section
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2003 14:23:07 GMT
On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 02:59:17PM +0100, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> >>Yes, why not - if noone comes up with a better name, we will use that.
> >

> >I'd prefer to keep the current naming instead of that one.
> >
> >For consistency it would be map:pipeline in the components, and map:pipe
> >in the "beefy" part.
> >
> > pipeline generator transformer ...
> > pipe     generate  transform   ...
> >
> >Inverting it is not so cool IMHO. I haven't yet seen users complain it's
> >not understandable and I've never had that problem myself.
>
> I aggree - but that would not be backwards compatible.... :-/

I recall suggesting map:pipe in an earlier discussion because it
would confirm to "noun-verb" convention that already exists in the sitemap.
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=103642811405234&w=2

However, there the issue of "backwards compatibly" as Torsten points
out.

Regards,
Michael Melhem