cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Praher <jpra...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: cocoon blocks and some questions, xml modularization
Date Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:36:52 GMT
Am Fre, 2003-01-31 um 09.50 schrieb Nicola Ken Barozzi:

thanks for your answers, mine are inlined....

> > IV)
> > What time frame do you have for implementing cocoon blocks?
>
> ASAP ;-)
great ;-) - let's start *gg*

> We are going in "baby steps", you are welcome to help in either or both
> code and discussion :-)

perhaps it helps going a bit along the xp way "build the test before
build the app".

what I mean is that we could make a wiki-page for writing usage
scenarios of the cocoon block system. (thus defining blocks by user
requirements and expectations)

like:

- How should a block be installed
(I think it is essential to be able to tie blocks to a pipeline, that
means, blocks it should also be possible to plug blocks into
subsitemaps, etc. )

- How should a block archive look like, from a file-system point of view
?

- How can the block be used once it are installed
(i.e. should there be some kind of proc generator, that enumerates all
installed blocks in a sitemap, etc... )

it would also be a start to define the schema/dtd of the mandated block
manifest xconf file.

thanks

-- Jakob