cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Litrik De Roy" <cocoon-...@litrik.com>
Subject Re: cocoon and eclipse.
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 20:51:50 GMT
From: "Litrik De Roy" <cocoon-dev@litrik.com>

> From: "Sylvain Wallez" <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com>
>

> > Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> >
> > >Can someone provide the project to build Cocoon using Eclipse?
> > >

> > Read the instructions at
> > http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=LoadInEclipse
> >
> > Sylvain
> >

> I still get one error during compilation:
>
> Error
> This resource is a duplicate and was not copied to the output folder
> package.html
> Cocoon 2.1-dev/src/blocks/samples/java/org/apache/cocoon/acting/modular
>
> I'm not sure what that means. I did a search on Google to try to find
> anything related to "resource is a duplicate" and Eclipse, but I didn't
find
> anything.
>
> Also interesting:
>
> Yesterday I used the built-in CVS client of Exclipse. And I was able to
> checkout Cocoon and compile it (except the above problem). However, I was
> not able to right click on the build.xml and run ant. I always got the
> following error message:
>
> Compiling 2 source files to D:\eclipse-2.0.2\workspace\Cocoon
> 2.1-dev\tools\anttasks
> Build exception: file:D:/eclipse-2.0.2/workspace/Cocoon
> 2.1-dev/build.xml:274: Unable to find a javac compiler;
> com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not on the classpath.
> Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK
>
> But I am 100% sure that my JAVA_HOME is set correctlty.
>
> Now... today I used your instructions on the Wiki page. I checked out
Cocoon
> with my regular CVS client and then I created the project in Eclipse and
> pointed to the exisitng dir. And guess what.... everything compiles fine
AND
> I was able to right click on the build.xml and run an Ant against the
"build
> clean" target.
>
> Unfortunately I was only able to run Ant only once. Now it is giving me
the
> same erorr message like on my other (Eclipse's CVS checkout) project.
>
> Very strange....
>
> PS: I'm not sure if this is Cocoon or Eclipse. We might be going off-topic
> here....
>
> Litrik De Roy
> www.litrik.com

I did some additional testing and it looks like Ant ran once because there
were still class files in tools\anttasks as the result of my "build
eclipse-project" on the command line. After doing the "build clean" in
Eclipse they were deleted and they can not be recompiled, because of the
above error message about com.sun.tools.javac.Main.

So basically it all comes down to the fact that I can not get Exclipse to
compile anything when using the Ant build script....

<sigh>

Litrik De Roy
www.litrik.com