cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Bart Guijt" <b.gui...@chello.nl>
Subject Re: [RT] JavadocGenerator
Date Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:13:37 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sylvain Wallez" <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com>

> This looks _really cool_, and a donation to Cocoon would be more that
> welcome !

Thanks, Sylvain! Much appreciated.

> A little question, though : does <source-root> handle URIs other than
> file, i.e. does use the SourceResolver ?

Yup: see the first message under 'features':
> >- uses the Excalibur SourceResolver to resolve the source files;
> >- may be configured using multiple source root (uri's), like
> ><jar:file:///D:/java/jdk1.4.1/src.zip!> and
>
><cvs:pserver:anonymous.anonymous@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic/xml-cocoon2
/
> >www/api>

> This would allow following :
> <source-root

uri="cvs:anoncvs:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic:xml-cocoon2/src/java
"/>

> Live Javadoc generation from the CVS repository. Cool, eh ?

Very cool indeed!

I didn't try this setup (yet), as you mentioned in the cvssource
announcements getting live files from CVS seems to be a little slow. Given
the fact that creating one Javadoc document involves looking up multiple
Java sources (to find the inheritance tree) it might take some time,
decreasing usability. I'll try today to find out, I guess.

> Sylvain

BG