cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Litrik De Roy" <>
Subject Re: cocoon and eclipse.
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2003 20:07:45 GMT
From: "Sylvain Wallez" <>

> Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> >Can someone provide the project to build Cocoon using Eclipse?
> >
> Read the instructions at
> Sylvain

I still get one error during compilation:

This resource is a duplicate and was not copied to the output folder
Cocoon 2.1-dev/src/blocks/samples/java/org/apache/cocoon/acting/modular

I'm not sure what that means. I did a search on Google to try to find
anything related to "resource is a duplicate" and Eclipse, but I didn't find

Also interesting:

Yesterday I used the built-in CVS client of Exclipse. And I was able to
checkout Cocoon and compile it (except the above problem). However, I was
not able to right click on the build.xml and run ant. I always got the
following error message:

Compiling 2 source files to D:\eclipse-2.0.2\workspace\Cocoon
Build exception: file:D:/eclipse-2.0.2/workspace/Cocoon
2.1-dev/build.xml:274: Unable to find a javac compiler; is not on the classpath.
Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK

But I am 100% sure that my JAVA_HOME is set correctlty.

Now... today I used your instructions on the Wiki page. I checked out Cocoon
with my regular CVS client and then I created the project in Eclipse and
pointed to the exisitng dir. And guess what.... everything compiles fine AND
I was able to right click on the build.xml and run an Ant against the "build
clean" target.

Unfortunately I was only able to run Ant only once. Now it is giving me the
same erorr message like on my other (Eclipse's CVS checkout) project.

Very strange....

PS: I'm not sure if this is Cocoon or Eclipse. We might be going off-topic

Litrik De Roy

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message