cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Reinhard Poetz" <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: [vote] finilizing the pending votes on flow [was Re: [RT] Flow/SitemapIntegration]
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2003 23:13:34 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

<snip>
> Let me add:
>
>   - make a new method that allows the flow to call a pipeline and pass a
> different output stream. This will allow to use pipelines as tools to
> serialize things, say, to disk or to other means.
>
> What do you think?
</snip>

I think you mean a function in the system.js, don't you?

For my flows I use a self-defined function which makes this for me:

function callPipeline(src) {
    xc = cocoon.componentManager.lookup( myXMLConsumer.ROLE );
    resolver = cocoon.environment.getObjectModel().get("source-resolver");
    srce = resolver.resolveURI(src);
    resolver.toSAX( srce, xc );
    return xc;
}

The component myXMLConsumer has a method <code>public String
getDocument()</code> ... mabe there is a better/more elegant way, but it
works for me ;-)

Regards,
Reinhard