cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Timothy Larson" <Tdlar...@ci.canton.oh.us>
Subject combo: Cocoon-2.1, Source Writing Transformer, Saxon-7.3.1 broken
Date Mon, 16 Dec 2002 21:05:39 GMT
When I try to use the SourceWritingTransformer in a fresh snapshot of Cocoon-2.1
it works as expected.  However, if the Saxon-7.3.1 jar is in the WEB-INF\lib directory
the SWT refuses to work with the fatal error:

  description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException:
    Failed to execute pipeline.:
      java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
        The Saxon DOM cannot be updated

The DOM from Saxon is not modifiable, so the error makes sense.
What does not make sense is the SWT insisting on using Saxon when Xalan is set
as the default transformer.

How can I help resolve this issue?
Can we make the SWT not rely on the Saxon DOM being modifiable?
Can we force the SWT to use the default transformer or accept a parameter
for which transformer to use?

Thanks,
Tim