cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Timothy Larson" <Tdlar...@ci.canton.oh.us>
Subject [BUG] XSP dependency tracking broken with cocoon:/ protocol
Date Tue, 03 Dec 2002 16:14:40 GMT
Bug in both Cocoon-2.0.4dev and Cocoon-2.1:
Dependency tracking does not happen with XSP's when the source
is "cocoon:/" instead of "file://".  In the following sitemap fragment,
changes to "thefile.xsp" and/or to "thefile.xsl" do NOT cause the java
source or class files to be updated.

  <map:match pattern="testfile.xsp">
    <map:generate src="thefile.xsp"/>
    <map:transform src="thefile.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize/>
  </map:match>

  <map:match pattern="somefile.xml">
    <map:generate src="cocoon:/testfile.xsp" type="serverpages"/>
    <map:serialize/>
  </map:match>

For Cocoon-2.1, I tracked the problem down to this file:
xml-cocoon2\src\java\org\apache\cocoon\components\source\impl\SitemapSource.java

In this fragment, you can see the last modification date is not being tracked:
    /**
     * Get the last modification date.
     * @return The last modification in milliseconds since January 1, 1970 GMT
     *         or 0 if it is unknown
     */
    public long getLastModified() {
        return 0;
    }

Can anyone help me fix this in either or both Cocoon versions?
Thanks,
Tim