cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Langham" <mlang...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint
Date Thu, 26 Dec 2002 21:19:50 GMT
Frank,

have you configured your new selector into the sitemap in the
<map:components> section?
Have you made your implementation available to Cocoon (as a Jar in the libs
directory etc.)
Are all the needed Java classes available to the selector..

Matthew
--
Open Source Group       Cocoon { Consulting, Training, Projects }
Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de
Cocoon book:
  http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735712352/needacake-20
Weblog:
  http://radio.weblogs.com/0103021/

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Frank Wulf [mailto:frank.wulf@frankwulf.de]
  Sent: Thursday, December 26, 2002 10:14 PM
  To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
  Subject: UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component
for hint

  Hi,

  I'm new to Cocoon and trying to develop a little cocoon serializer to
convert xml-data to binary output.
  However cocoon gives me the following error message:

  type fatal

  message UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component
for hint: testser

  description org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint:
testser

  source Cocoon servlet

  Any hint where to search for this error?

  My sitemap.xmap entries are:

  <map:serializer mime-type="application/octet-stream" name="testser"
src="de.mpc.serialization.TestSerializer"/>
  <map:pipeline>
     <map:match pattern="serializer_test">
       <map:generate src="docs/samples/serializer_test/test.xml"/>
       <map:serialize type="testser"/>
     </map:match>
  </map:pipeline>

  I looked through all the Serializer-code examples but got no clue so far.

  Thanks,

  Frank Wulf