cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject [RT]: PropertyContainer (aka InputModule)
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2002 08:06:24 GMT
Hi,

to get some basis for discussion about the move of the
InputModules from the Cocoon.xconf to the sitemap
I checked in a proposal in o.a.c.sitemap.

I named this concept PropertyContainer (great, isn't it?)
The idea is to declare the property containers in the
sitemap in the components section:

<map:property-containers>
   <map:property-container name="request-param"
                           src="o.a.c...."/>
</map:property-containers>

Chaining of containers is also customizable:
<map:property-containers>
   <map:property-container name="my-container"

src="o.a.c.sitemap.properties.ChainingPropertyContainer">
       <property-container>session</property-container/>
       <property-container>request</property-container/>
       <property-container>global</property-container/>
   </map:property-container>
</map:property-containers>

The usage works like the "old" InputModules: {my-container:skin}.

I only added the interfaces for discussion, it's not integrated in the
sitemap yet.

What do you think?

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler